Wednesday 17 September 2014

Concentration and Time

I have come to the realisation that I am not using enough water and I am not letting my washes dry thoroughly before adding more colour.
I threw out two failed paintings yesterday...Too heavy ,not enough white paper left and muddied washes.So...back to the drawing board!
I spent a few hours going through  some of my reference books.I love Jean Haines ' flowers and loose washes.I am intrigued as to how she manages to get so many transparent colours in her paintings and I am eagerly awaiting her visit to Australia in November.I am booked into one of her 2 day workshops at the Adelaide Art Society.Before then I will persevere and try to be more patient.I also read two of Shirley  Trevena's books.Her paintings are so complex ,colorful and bright.I really like her work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment